Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentines Day & Julep's Cupid Mystery Box!

Hello!

Today I have a picture of the hearts I put in my hair.  Just too little braids twisted into hearts.  I know it isn't nail polish related but since I have hearts on my hands and hearts in my hair, I thought it relevent!  I got the idea from HairRomance on Facebook.. Like them!




In Nail Polish news:

I got my Julep Cupid Mystery Box today!  I was a little disappointed I didn't get a bigger box but we can't all be winners!  I will say that I didn't get the promised holographic nail polish or voucher for a color of my choice (which I have a wish list for!) so I had to contact customer service about that but it seems to have been a common problem.

At the top is a Lip Vernis called Poppy.  It's a bright coral which I am not used to.  I was shocked when I put it on and immediately layered some pink shimmer gloss on top to calm it down.  It could be because I am wearing red today but it just did not go with my complexion!

Next is Jane (Bombshell) which is a copper glitter.  I expect the application to be similar to Barbara which was 2-3 coats to get it opaque with no base color.

Susie (Classic with a Twist):  Pale Mint.  Looks really pretty and I might use it for a vintage rose mani soon.

Alfie:  Metallic Purple.  I am worried this one could get streaky but I really like the shade.

Audrey (Classic with a Twist):  A pale pink shimmer.  I would love if the color on the nail mimics that of what it looks like in the bottle.  That cotton candy pink is gorgeous.  I have a feeling this is going to turn out a lot less opaque than I am hoping for.

That's it for today.  I hope you all have a wonderful Valentines day.  If you don't have a date, just stay home and do your nails. In fact, I might use that as an excuse to get out of a chore or 2 myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment